This post announces the opening of the Call for Papers for the Proceedings of the 2017 Computer Applications and Quantitative Methods in Archaeology Conference (CAA 2017). Detailed instructions for authors are found here, Authors_instructions_2017_Final3. Upload instructions can be found here – CAA2017_Upload_Instructions
PLEASE keep these IMPORTANT DETAILS in mind as you are preparing your paper.
- If you did NOT present a paper, poster, or an oral presentation in an alternative format (e.g., lightning talk) at CAA 2017, you are NOT eligible to submit a paper for the CAA 2017 Proceedings.
- Regardless of your presentation responsibilities during the CAA 2017 conference, you can only submit ONE paper as FIRST AUTHOR for publication in the proceedings.
- If the research you presented at the CAA 2017 conference is part of a larger project that is in its final stages and is making significant and original scientific advancements, we encourage you to submit that research to the new Journal of the Computer Applications and Archaeology (JCAA). Please note, however, that you cannot submit the same paper to both the venues.
- The Proceedings and the new JCAA use a particular version of the Harvard reference style. Please follow this STYLE GUIDE carefully, otherwise your article will be sent back, and this could cause you to miss deadlines and the opportunity to publish your work.
- The Call for Papers CLOSES on the 7th of August at 11:59 PM EDT (Atlanta time).